At its September meeting the committee discussed the following:
- Planning and Enforcement cases. It has objected to the proposed Heart Institute Laboratory on Marlborough Hill on design grounds and to the proposals for the Western Harbor. The group are involved in pre-application consultations for a new University Library on the site opposite the Senate House (recent plans on view in Royal Fort Gardens). It supports the application on the Old Hospital site opposite the BRI, which retains the main 18c building and Fripps Chapel and is of a greatly reduced scale from previous applications.
- St Michaels Church. Roof permission now obtained and work is in progress.
- Flagstones have been purchased to repair the pavements in Kingsdown.
- Wheelie Bins left on pavements.
- Laundrette site in Cotham Road South. Cllr Negus has asked BCC Business Rates why Stafford’s Laundrettes (which own several premises) are claiming ‘small business’ relief. Response still awaited.
- Electric Car Charging. There is a current BCC Petition asking for these in Kingsdown.